Andrew Zimmern’s 2010 Recap
A little holiday cheer from Food Works– aka the three person shop that keeps Andrew’s schedule, projects and life organized. I think our 2010 card pretty much summed up our best year yet. From the top left, going clockwise…
1. AZ hit up Syria for the latest season of Bizarre Foods. This episode is currently slotted to kick off the new season on Jan. 18. I’ve seen a lot of photos from the trip and can say there were a lot of camels, sand, and amazing ancient ruins involved.
2. Andrew also won a James Beard Award for Outstanding Television Food Personality (shown with Adam Richman, Kelly Choi and AZ’s smokin’ wife Rishia). Between you, me and the walls, he was so caught off-guard and honored when he received the nomination that he got a little weepy in the office.
3. Going tribal in Nimibia. Can’t wait for you all to see this episode. It’s a good one and I’m not giving anything away.
4. Me, Andrew and his stellar assistant, Dusti post-dinner at Red Cat (NYC). Dusti is the third person in the Food Works office, and she’s the lynchpin. Need anything from AZ? You gotta get through her first. Bribery can be effective; she loves potato chips.
5. Andrew posing with the wildebeest he hunted, butchered and ate in Namibia. I know this was one of his most difficult shoot days for Bizarre Foods to date– which had something to do with a non-life threatening rifle wound, oppressive heat, and the physical exhaustion associated with gutting an animal of that size.
6. Last but not least, AZ and Chef Michael White chowing on their “tongue and cheek sliders” from Carts in the Park @ the New York Wine & Food Festival. Hope we’re doing this event again next year. It was one of my favorite of the entire weekend.
What were your highlights of 2010? New Year’s resolutions for 2011?