(left to right: Ludo Lefebvre, Tony Bourdain, Monsieur Picard)

What do you get when Tony Bourdain and Ludo Lefebvre, of Ludo Truckin Los Angeles, descend upon Burgundy, France? One heck of a good time, naturally.“ If this was a film,” says Tony Bourdain while behind the wheel of a classic Citroen DS, “I would tell you the story of a road trip.”  In tonight’s episode Tony does just that, and more!

Tonight join Tony and Ludo for local beef fondue at Le Petit Calin and escargot at Le Rendez-Vous restaurant, where Ludo trained as a chef. And though this is France, Tony and Ludo visit American-turned-French winemaker Ray Walker of Le Chambertin wine. Lastly, this wouldn’t be a true No Reservations episode without a cute, cuddly, little lamb scene, but don’t let the cuteness fool you. Because it won’t last long!

See highlights from France in Burgundy’s Truck Stop scene and don’t miss out on Tony’s reflective thoughts in his Burgundy (Photo) Journal. And check out our beautiful Heart of France’s Wine Country slideshow.

Don’t miss No Reservations: Burgundy — tonight at 9|8c.

TV Shows

1. Jim says:

Great show!!

2. NateDangerous says:

Can anyone tell me what song was playing during the cheese scene at chef Ludo's mother's place? The one that starts "Hello, darling, mon amour…"

3. Croque-En-Bouche says:

Hello,

I just got back from Burgundy where my daugther lives. In the small town of Gevrey Chambertin, right in the middle of beautiful, beautiful vineyards…to mention but a few, le Clos Vougeot, Chambolle Musigny and Nuits Saint George which was shown in the film and I was right there at Morey St. Denis, shown in the film. Everything Tony said and experienced is so true, you cannot go to Burgundy and not taste le "Boeuf Bourguinon", les "Oeufs Meurette", eat un "Poulet de Bresse" or as far as cheese is concerned…eat "de l'Epoisse'. I was absolutely delighted to relive these feelings of being right in the middle of 'wine country'. I just wonder though, how Tony, did not get to Beaune, another great place for the 'best wines' in the world….to name a few, Pommard, Meursault, Marsennay la Cote and Montrachet. I suppose it'll be for another episode. Thank you, so much for the opportunity that you gave me by visiting 'LA BOURGOGNE" again. You are the greatest !!! MERCI !!!

4. Sail Naked says:

This show rocks. For me one of the best. My wife and I were in Burgundy in September. We spent a couple days visiting Auxerre,Vezelay, Noyers Sur Serein and others. Go if you can. You can't look at Burgundy on TV. You have to taste it. Didn't see the truck stop. Must be near Dijon.

• Croque-En-Bouche says:

Hello Sail Naked,

Yes, indeed, Morey St.Denis, where the truck stop was shown, is half way between Nuits St.George and Dijon. From Beaune, which is the vinous capital of Burgundy and home to such leading NEGOCIANTS as Louis Jadot, Joseph Drouhin, Louis Latour and Bouchard Pere & Fils…you have the first most well known vineyards like Premeaux, Nuits-Saint Georges, Vosne Romanee, Vougeot, Chambolle Musigny, Moret St.Denis, Gevrey Chambertin and others..then Dijon. I am proud to say that my daughter works for JOSEPH DROUHIN and I have had the best, but the best wine tasting there! I was there from the end of July to beginning of September. Burgundy is just breathtaking with all the little towns and villages, especially if you have had the opportunity to see "La Route des Grands Crus", including the ones I've mentionned above. Gevrey Chambertin small town in the Cote de Nuits produces some of Burgundy's most famous red wines from Pinot Noir grapes and is still the largest viticultural source in the COTE D'OR. This small town boasts 8 Grands Crus..oh too much too say!! And I totally agree with you when you say that Burgundy can't just be watched on TV. You have to taste it, live it and feel it !!!. Even though I've been to Auxerre, this part of la Cote D'or and la Cote de Beaune…Aloxe Corton, Ladoix, Savigny les Beaune, Pommard, Volnay, Meursault, Puligny Montrachet, Santennay but to name a few is where I've spent most of my time. Words just can't describe the feelings of well-being of being there. And Tony brought all these feeelings back. Thank you, Tony.

5. Sarah says:

Who is the artist at the beginning of the burgundy episode. Kind of French rap. Please please do tell

• Scotty says:

Did you ever find the answer? I'd love to know as well.

• asangiolo says:

Hi all!
        Here's the info:
        The rap at the beginning in the car with Ludo: "Soleil Noir" by Adam Francis Routh
        Cheese scene at mother's house: "Hello Darling" by Franck Sarkissian

Hope that helps — thanks for watching!

6. Tony says:

Anyone know the song/artist that was in the opening shots? French hip-hop/rap.

7. Jon says:

Did anyone catch why the butcher had the American flags flying?

8. Anon says:

I just saw this episode tonight and am really curious about the beautiful french woman's song after they left the routier.

"J'habite belleville, dans un meuble…."

Does anyone know the name of the song?