In the Mood For… the Inauguration!
It’s a huge weekend in DC, with over 100 different events happening throughout the city and the Metro system preparing for the over 800,000 people estimated to visit. If you’re one of the brave ones visiting DC this weekend – or any other weekend, for that matter — then let us help you get to know the nation’s capital, chockfull of sights, history and amazing food!
1. While you’re touring DC, solve a mystery at The International Spy Museum, which has the largest collection of international spy-related artifacts and immersive activities to enthrall children, as well as adults.
2. Why not stay in style while visiting the city of our country’s power players? Check out our picks for luxury accommodations.
3. Explore the beautifully historic neighborhood of Georgetown, and tour the favorite hangouts of former presidents — such as Bill Clinton, who graduated from Georgetown University in 1968.
4. Go sightseeing at one of the many monuments. Trust us, there are plenty of them – and they’re free!
5. Sip a coffee at Busboys and Poets, near the famous U Street, named for poet Langston Hughes, who worked as a busboy at the nearby Wardman Park Hotel.
6. Since you’ve traveled to DC to support the president, find out a little more about how the president, himself, travels.
7. Of course you need to eat! Find out what makes DC a great town for foodies with these top restaurants.