Belize

Belize, a small country in Central America that shares a border with Mexico and Guatemala, is known for its lush rainforests and Mayan ruins. But it’s most famous for its snorkeling and scuba diving, which are among the best in the world: The barrier reef off shore is second only to the Great Barrier Reef off Australia, and visitors can see turtles (both green and leatherback), nurse sharks, stingrays, and a variety of tropical fish. Divers swarm the Blue Hole, a large sinkhole. The waters are clear and warm, but as in other reef destinations, the beaches are manmade; the reef prevents the breaking waves that create natural sand, and the seaweed can make swimming close to shore difficult.

Most tourists head to the Northern Cayes and Atolls, a string of small islands along the reef, where visitors will be a short boat ride away from world-class snorkeling and scuba diving. The Grand Caribe is a luxe family-friendly option in the area. Decor is high-end, and includes Brazilian tile floors, mahogany wood, and granite countertops. Plus, all units have private terraces with pretty pool or ocean views.

The inland Cayo District is the second most visited area, and home to beautiful countryside, lush rainforests, and perhaps the most impressive Mayan ruins in the country. When Prince Harry visited the area last year, he stayed at the rustic luxe Lodge at Chaa Creek. This eco-lodge sits on a private rainforest reserve, and myriad tours and outdoor activities are offered through the hotel. The more affordable Pook’s Hill also sits on a reserve, and offers on-site river tubing and bird watching.

- Oyster.com Staff

1. Missy says:

I visited Belize on a cruise in 2011. It doesn't allow you to see all of the wonderful things it has to offer. I can't wait for my chance to go back!

2. Belize is a beautiful country and there are so many things to do.

3. travel more says:

Belize, seems to be a awesome place for holidays. The scuba diving add more stars to it, as i am fond of it.:) The place is surrounded by the manmade beaches. if you are water soprts lover than its a right place where u can excess your thrills and enjoy the beauty of the place. And even u get the chance to stay in rustic luxe lodge where Prince harry stayed.

4. Lily says:

The southern coast of Belize is one of its best kept secrets, as well!

5. Barcelona says:

Belize, seems to be a awesome place for holidays. The scuba diving is famous here and as i am fond of it.:) The place is surrounded by the manmade beaches. if you are water soprts lover than its a right place where u can excess your thrills and enjoy the beauty of the place. And even u get the chance to stay in rustic luxe lodge where Prince harry stayed.

6. Globetrotter says:

Belize, definitely on my bucket list! Thanks for the interesting info and links.

7. James says:

Nice post and i am happy to read this stufffashion online.

8. Jean Brinkmann says:

What I feel after reading this post is that Belize is a perfect place for going on a vacation and also a great spot for spending any kind of holidays. The writing service essayholic.com is looking really nice and exciting that I instantly want to plan some kind of camping with my friends there.

9. I visited Belize once, it was amazing. I wrote a detailed report on my trip for <a href="http://assignmentJediis.co.uk/” target=”_blank”>http://assignmentJediis.co.uk/ . I welcome you to look.

10. Donald Coomer says:

You are an individual, in fact it is easier to enable your resume reflect your personality and experience as an alternative to blindly following a given format in most detail.

Professionally written resume increases your odds of getting a meeting at the very least at 80% (as outlined by our researches).

11. Thanks for nice sharing

12. I am happy to be here because this is a very good site that provides lots of information about the topics covered in depth. I’m glad to see that people are actually writing about this issue in such a smart way.

13. I am happy to see that

14. SarahForman says:

Thanks for inspiring post! I'm sure that's great place for rest and work. You know many people want to work at such resorts. According to objective resume service review online it is not difficult to get job there; you just have to impress the prospective employers and demonstrate your skills.