Clearwater Beach, FL

Photography by Thinkstock

We asked you to weigh in on our 10 expert picks and determine this year’s Best Overall Beach. Travel Channel fans voted and chose Clearwater Beach, FL, as their fan favorite!

We said:

“The sand at Clearwater Beach is as soft as baby powder, and the gradual slope to the warm Gulf water makes it an ideal beach for babies and toddlers” according to Have Baby Will Travel founder Corrine McDermott.

“Parents will love the shaded jungle gym, as well as full facilities and a snack bar with healthy options.” The Gulf Coast beach has many accommodation, food, and public transportation options, appealing to many families’ tastes and vacation budgets.”

You said:

“I have been vacationin­g on Clearwater Beach every March for the last 17 years. I will be there again this year!!!! I absolutely love the sun and snow white sands!!! A safe and relaxing vacation destination!!!!!” — Rad, MI

“Nice and calm, but not too quiet. Blue water and soft sand …” — Margaret, NY

“Lots of fun things to do as a family like the aquarium where Dolphin Tale is to the pirate ship ride.” — Bobbie, IN

All in all, we couldn’t agree more: Clearwater Beach, FL, is the Best Overall Beach for 2014.

You May Also Like:

Travel’s Best Beach Awards 2014
Which Beach Are You? Take Our Quiz
See Your Best #TCBeachWeek Photos

1. DBCoop says:

Granted, Clearwater Beach, FL is a long and lovely ribbon of powdery soft beach ideal for families and over-wintering snowbirds.

However, (from travelchannel.com) when it comes to unmatched beauty in the tropics, as travel writer Valerie Conners so colorfully writes of the Maldives archipelago, "These postcard-perfect isles are home to ultra-exclusive resorts, where long stretches of private beach unfold before sprinklings of overwater bungalows complete with private decks and outdoor showers. Let romance kindle while enjoying sunset strolls, snorkeling exquisite coral reefs and lounging — cocktail in hand — under thatched umbrellas in paradise."

Or Fiji's heart-shaped Tuvarua atoll, where "You can dive, fish, snorkel, and surf in the crystal clear seas surrounding the vibrant coral reefs teeming with sea life," says Alison Teal, host of Allison's Adventures. "As an avid surfer, it's a dream come true to sit along the white sandy beach and then head out into a world-class surf break." Or simply lounging the day away under the shade of tropical palm trees, refreshed by gentle ocean breezes while sipping on your favorite exotic drink — and when the mood strikes, taking an occasional dip in the glimmering blue-green waters.

Equally irresistible is the British Virgin Islands serene and pristine White Bay on Jost Van Dyke. As 'Beach Tomato' co-founder Tom Marchant reports, "White Bay's secluded half-mile stretch of beach has the ideal balance of undisturbed white sand and turquoise sea at one end and secluded caves where you can watch the sun go down at the other… [then] stargaze with your loved one before retiring for the night in one of the islands stunning hotels."

I'll rest my suitcase, and my beach towel, at any one of these exotic isles.

2. I must agree. I love this beach. We have been there several times… I wish I was there right now instead of frigid New England!

3. jacki says:

It is our destination this October!! We'd like to meet Winter, and perhaps drive down to the keys!

4. Rebecca says:

5. WALTER says:

THE CENTER OF THE USA NORTH/SOUTH CENTRAL SINCE THE 1812 LA/CA PURCHASE . IT IS THE LAQRGEST LAND DEAL IN HISTORY. MR. CHERT OF HOMDLAND SECURITY SAYS THE USE OF EAST/WEST IN WHAT IS A COAST TO COAST COUNTRY AND THE USE OF EAST/WEST TODAY IS UNWORKABLE. HE ALSO SAYS HE WILL NOT USE THE ERROR TERMS IN THE POSSIBLE NEED FOR A EVACUATION IN THOSE REGIONS. PLEASE REMOVE THOSE IN YOUR EMPLOYMENT WILL NOT CHANGE. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME!

GERMANY , FRANCE, ENGLAND AND GREAT BRITIN ARE LAUGHING THEIR HEADS OFF WHEN THEY CATCH AN AMERICAN WHO MAKES THIS MISTAKE!

6. Kris says:

Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, FL is the #1 Beach in the world!! Hands Down. :)

7. steve says:

remember this most of the baby powder sand was washed away during a hurricane and was replaced with better sand from fort de soto park j/s

8. steven says:

Great Family owned & Operated place is http://www.ritzresortclearwaterbeach.com where I always stay.

9. Jarrod says:

Not to mention, when you're done relaxing on the soft sand in the sun, dining afterwards at Frenchy's Rockaway Grill for some great grouper and other various seafood fare at very low expense is wonderful and you are within 10 miles all around you of some of the best craft beer in the world! :-)

10. Kevin says:

Destin,FL is by far the best

11. Jillia says:

The beach is good, but the traffic and road construction on the way to the beach are a nightmare. There are a lot of old people in this town and they feel they have priority in everything. I've never encountered such rudeness in my travels. If you come, stay on the beach, don't venture into the rest of Clearwater. You will be treated like a nuisance, not a guest.

12. jill says:

I second kevin . Destin!

13. chase says:

Ive been living on this beach for a long time and its really a shame what all the tourism has done to this place. If you want to drive down from ohio or Philadelphia and run into everyone from the same place then you will love it, but i think i can speak for most floridians when i say please, dont come to clearwater beach. You are ruining every great thing about this place

14. Roberta says:

I have been coming to Clearwater Beach since I was 5 years old..my grandparents had a 4 acre RV park on Gulf to BAy when nothing was there..I moved here with my husband job 23 years ago..I have ALWAYS loved Clearwater Beach and I have traveled to many in different Carribean Island and none can exceed the serenity and Beauty of "OUR" Beach..We welcome snowbirds just respect the beauty..and Enjoy!!!

• You need to travel to Turks and Caicos clean sugar white soft sand beach and water bottom sand hands down the best. Clearwater, Siesta Key, and Saint Petersburg are no doubt top in the US and very close to Turks. But I have to say the Turks and Caicos are the finest and cleanest beaches and ocean bottom I put me feet on.

15. Chechepie says:

I'm a'comin….The good ole USA..anytime, anyday….

16. SHogan says:

I grew up in St. Pete FL and have been to Clearwater Beach many times. It is beautiful but to say it's the most beautiful overall in the world is a stretch. I do think the traffic has made it not as enjoyable as it once was

17. buah merah says:

My daughter and her husband moved there 4 years ago. I try to visit every year. Yes it is be best beach ever. Great beach and atmosphere. – See more at: http://blog.travelchannel.com/the-traveling-type/