Tonight at 10|9c, Steve and Amy visit a family home in Westminster, CO. While Steve uncovers a century-old murder mystery, Amy comes across a potentially dangerous entity. Can Amy and Steve help the single mother and her children who call this hotbed of paranormal activity home?
See behind-the-scenes photos from tonight’s episode, and don’t miss our brand-new look at a typical day in Amy’s life.
Think you know burgers? Then you don’t know George. This past weekend, our burger aficionado, George Motz, was in Miami filming new episodes of Burger Land, returning to Travel Channel this spring. We got a sneak peek of some of the burgers George got to taste for us — all part of the job…
Clockwise from top left: The half-pound Latin Macho; a classic “frita”; fried plantains instead of a bun; a frita and a cup of Guarapo (sugar cane juice).
Get the story behind Burger Land, and to hold you over until the new episodes premiere, check out George’s picks for Great Burger Joints in the Middle of Nowhere, or make your own Smashed Motz Burger. And don’t forget to spice up your homemade burgers with George’s hot sauce recipes.
It’s a huge weekend in DC, with over 100 different events happening throughout the city and the Metro system preparing for the over 800,000 people estimated to visit. If you’re one of the brave ones visiting DC this weekend – or any other weekend, for that matter — then let us help you get to know the nation’s capital, chockfull of sights, history and amazing food!
1. While you’re touring DC, solve a mystery at The International Spy Museum, which has the largest collection of international spy-related artifacts and immersive activities to enthrall children, as well as adults.
2. Why not stay in style while visiting the city of our country’s power players? Check out our picks for luxury accommodations.
3. Explore the beautifully historic neighborhood of Georgetown, and tour the favorite hangouts of former presidents — such as Bill Clinton, who graduated from Georgetown University in 1968.
4. Go sightseeing at one of the many monuments. Trust us, there are plenty of them – and they’re free!
5. Sip a coffee at Busboys and Poets, near the famous U Street, named for poet Langston Hughes, who worked as a busboy at the nearby Wardman Park Hotel.
6. Since you’ve traveled to DC to support the president, find out a little more about how the president, himself, travels.
7. Of course you need to eat! Find out what makes DC a great town for foodies with these top restaurants.
The weather is cold, but our hearts are warm thanks to our most popular pin on Pinterest this week: a shot of Italy from our 2013 Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations. Obviously, Valentine’s Day is already on our minds, and not many places embody romance quite like Italy. We don’t blame you for daydreaming about riding a gondola through the canals of Venice, tossing coins over their shoulders into the Trevi Fountain or grabbing the perfect photo op overlooking Florence’s Arno River.
If you’re looking for a honeymoon that’s a little more out-of-the-box, check out our picks for Romantic Adventure Vacations and Unique Honeymoon Destinations. Don’t forget to check out all things Romance and Honeymoons on TravelChannel.com and follow our Romance and Honeymoons pinboard for your fix of dreamy destinations!
Tonight at 11|10c is the season finale of Dangerous Grounds. Todd takes his coffee hunt to Colombia, the source of the best coffee in the world before violence took over. Todd and his cameraman also have a close call on a treacherous South American mountain road, which Todd recounted here for us during filming.
Last week, we asked you to share on Instagram where you were drinking your coffee. As it turns out, you’re enjoying coffee of so many different varieties all over the world! Here are some of our favorite photos:
Left to right, first row:
1. @eversonmarsh – Cognoscenti Coffee in Culver City, CA
2. @carriedelamer – “Rise and shine! Proud of this one @lacolombetorrefaction”
3. @thefalife – Coffee In Copenhagen
Left to right, second row:
4. @carovb76 – Juan Valdez coffee near El Batan, Ecuador
5. @chadbrewbeard - A La Colombe blend with beans from Brazil, Ethiopia, Mexico and Tanzania.
6. @semisweetmegan – Espresso at Artisan Cheese Company in Sarasota, FL
Left to right, third row:
7. @kovacsae1 – “Craving an Americano from @lacolombecoffee #dangerousgrounds #coffee #edpresso #NYC”
8. @amybrock – “Love from The Coffee Fox… Cheers to a chill Friday evening! #savannah #visitsavannah #coffee #coffeefox”
9. @brianripps – Kookaburra Coffee in Rockville Centre, NY
Don’t miss Todd’s recipes for these delicious coffee drinks: Pure Black Velvet Float, Hot Buttered Coffee and Mexican Hot Coffee-Chocolate. If you’re not in the mood for a hot cup of Joe now, then you’ll never be!
Photo Courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton Lodge
Like it or not, V-Day is right around the corner (just a month away, to be exact). So, if you really want to impress your sweetie, it would be a good idea to start planning now. But if you’re still in the dark about what to get that special someone, there’s a good chance they only want to spend some quality time with you.
Sex and the City Zoo 4: Sexy Beast
Say what? Stay with us for a second. The Los Angeles Zoo is holding an “adults-only affair” on Feb. 9 with an enlightening talk by actress and interpretive naturalist of zoology Joleen Lutz. a reception featuring desserts and wines, “animal walk-abouts,” (including chats with keepers and the chance to observe small animals up close) and an optional 4-course dinner at Reggie’s Bistro inside the Zoo.
On an all-new episode of Ghost Adventures, Zak, Nick and Aaron jump in an RV and head out to the Wyoming Frontier Prison in Rawlins, WY. There they discover that Wyoming’s first state penitentiary has a brutal history, leading Zak to wonder whether the ghosts that continue to haunt the premises are choosing an eternity in prison over an eternity in hell.
Check out these behind-the-scenes photos for a sneak peek, and tune in tonight at 9|8c to see what the guys encounter at this notorious “death house.”
How are your resolutions going? Don’t worry — no one is judging you for eating that piece of cake. What about your travel resolutions? Do you need a little inspiration to make 2013 your most adventurous year yet? Then take advantage of these trends — forecasted by JWT, a global marketing communications agency — and book those plane tickets!
Hotels in Africa
International hotel brands are expanding to Africa with Marriott planning to open a property in Kigali, Rwanda’s capital, in 2013, the French hotel group Accor planning to add almost 5,000 rooms in 30 hotels by 2016 and Starwood intending to open 10 African hotels in the next 3 years. Get ahead of the curve by entering to win a trip to South Africa!
Calling all coffee junkies — we want to know where your favorite coffee is from! Are you a Papua New Guinea purist? An Ethiopian enthusiast? Instagram your favorite coffee with the hashtag #DangerousGrounds and we’ll feature our favorites next week, just in time for the Dangerous Grounds season finale!
Tonight, Todd Carmichael heads to one of the world’s least-explored countries — Papua New Guinea — on an all-new episode of Dangerous Grounds. He scours the villages of this Oceanic country in the hopes of finding delicious Blue Mountain Coffee. But first he must brave the notorious Highlands Highway that’s known to be ravaged by local bandits, giving it a reputation for armed robberies and murders.
Will Todd make it down the highway in one piece? Can he convince PNG’s villagers to part with their most prized commodity? Find out on an all-new episode tonight, Jan. 8 at 11|10c!
And don’t forget to Instagram your favorite coffee with #DangerousGrounds!
Thanks to this age of instant gratification, pretty much anything can be done via computers and smartphones when it comes to booking travel. Some sites and apps allow you to go even further — with the Conrad Concierge app, users can make dinner reservations, request housekeeping and even check in and check out of their hotel stay with the touch of a button. Hipmunk.com allows users to find the best airfare according to routes with the least “agony” involved. And the next big thing? Sivi.com. READ MORE