Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Thailand (Photo Courtesy of Getty Images)
I think it’ safe to say that some of us in the US are ready for warm weather. Our panel of advisors picked their favorite beaches for Travel’s Best Beach Awards 2014, and now, we — the staff at Travel Channel — give you the inside scoop on some our personal favorites. Get awe-inspiring beach ideas and check out our Editors’ Picks: Favorite Beaches slideshow.
Learn more about the secluded towns to go windsurfing in Goa, India; the best places to cool off after sunbathing on Bald Head Island, NC; and why nudists should head to Praia Mole in Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil.
In addition to our favorite beach picks, make sure you check out recommendations for the Top 10 California Beach Getaways, Spain’s Best Beaches and Top 10 Mexican Beach Resorts for more travel ideas for your next beach getaway.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Travel’s Best All-Inclusive Resorts
Top 10 Hawaiian Beaches
Marianela’s Ultimate Florida
Sexiest Bahamas Beaches
Belize’s Best Beaches
World’s Best Surf Destinations
Best Islands for Snorkeling
Best Gay Beach Destinations
Here at Travel Channel, we’re travel junkies (I know — gasp!), so it shouldn’t come as much surprise that we’ve all got travel-related gadgets on our list for Santa this year. As you can probably tell from our picks, we’re a pretty diverse group — so if you’re still looking for the perfect gift for a fellow world wanderer, chances are there’s something here that they’d like. Check out a few of our favorite picks below, or browse the full gallery. THEN, tell us, what’s on YOUR travel wish list? Leave it in the comments, or tweet using the hashtag #TCWishList.
2) Katadyn Pocket Water Filter
4) Morphie Juice Pack Plus
5) Bloom Theory Straps
6) Nalgene Flask
7) 36 Hours
Here at Travel Channel, we’re in the mood for anything (and everything) ho-ho-holiday travel-realted. We hope our picks for our favorite holiday content will put you in the mood, too! See what our editors are hoping Santa brings them this year, learn about the most exciting holiday destinations, and more:
1) Give the Gift of Travel
2) Find the perfect present for the globetrotter in your life with the 2012 Lost Girls Gift Guide
3) See what’s hot this month — from Christmas cookies to holiday festivals with our Decadent December gallery
4) Check out some of this year’s Most Exciting Holiday Destinations
5) See how Christmas is celebrated around the world
6) Get a look at what the Travelchannel.com editors are hoping to find under the tree this year with our Editors’ Picks
7) Track Santa’s amazing adventures around the globe — we caught him water skiing in Virginia and swimming with dolphins in Japan