Photography by Stephen Digges/Getty Images
For those addicted to the rush of bargain hunting, it’s time to gear up for the mother of all yard sales. Clear your schedule and round up some cash for 127 Corridor, better known as “The World’s Longest Yard Sale” – it begins today and continues through Sunday.
This mammoth outdoor market starts in Addison, MI, and stretches for a whopping 690 miles along US Highway 127 to Gadsden, AL. Over the past 25 years, this giant yard sale has doubled in size across 6 states, with great finds including antiques, collectibles and furniture. Along the way, visitors can soak up the flavor of each region as they bargain hunt with vendors’ homemade treats and local entertainment.
If you’re one of the yard sale lovers that will set out on this treasure hunting pilgrimage, here are some tips from our sister blog, Design Happens:
- Expect to be stuck in traffic. Narrow roads + lots of cars = having to wait patiently.
- Bring cash. Bring more if you’re looking for large furniture pieces. Bring more than that if you’re looking for true antiques and valuables.
- Bring a measuring tape. Also, measure any spaces at home that you may be looking to fill.
- Ask locals where to eat. Some of the better eats may be off the beaten path.
- If you see something you like, buy it. Otherwise you may be thinking about the one that got away all day.
Don’t worry, there are still plenty of bargains to be found after this weekend, too. Check out our World’s Best Flea Markets to score more great finds.
You May Also Like:
Things to Do in August
Best US Outlet Mall Destinations
Andrew Zimmern’s Favorite Food Markets