Whether you’re in the mood for leaf peeping or you’re planning your next international getaway, you’ll want to check out Travel’s Best Road Trips 2014. Our coveted list includes the most picturesque and adventurous drives across the globe, from off-roading on the salt flats in Bolivia to an unexpected fall-foliage-inspired drive on the “Going to the Sun Road” in Glacier National Park.
Our panel of road-trip experts — including off-road explorer and host Don Wildman, Roadtrippers.com founder and CEO James Fisher, and cinematographer and road-tripper Allison Otto — not only shared their recommendations for the best drives in the world, but they also shared with us their favorite road-trip songs. If you thought Don listens to classic rock cruising on his Harley, you’re right! No matter where your travels take you, here’s our road trippin’ playlist to set the mood.
Nothing says “road trip” more than blasting music as you cruise down the highway, windows down, with all your worries disappearing in the rearview mirror.
With road trip season now in full swing, the editors here at TravelChannel.com decided to share our favorite songs to listen to while on the road. So all you have to do is sit back, put the car in cruise control and rock out to our Road Trips ’13 Playlist.
No matter where the road takes you this summer, here’s our road trippin’ soundtrack to set the mood. Editors’ suggestion: Turn it up!
1. Road to Nowhere — Talking Heads
2. Ride Like the Wind – Christopher Cross
3. Honky Tonk Badonkadonk – Trace Adkins
4. Never Stop – The Brand New Heavies
5. Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
6. Gone for Good – The Shins
7. Spirit in the Sky – Norman Greenbaum
8. Life is a Highway – Tom Cochrane
9. Road Trippin’ – Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. Summertime – DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
11. Turn the Page — Bob Seger
12. Cruise — Remix — Florida Georgia Line
13. Dirt Road Anthem – Jason Aldean
You May Also Like:
Road Trip Gear Guide
World’s Wackiest Road Signs
RVs Through the Years
Food-Themed Road Trips